Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Looking forward for more learnings!

For this week's blog, I want to share what's my personal insight about Southeast Asia. Shamelessly, I only knew about its location and boundaries and the ASEAN organization. 

I've also tried to search the history of Southeast Asia in the internet so that I could share some wonderful insights about Southeast Asia, and Wikipedia had provided me with a funny information that the Homo Sapiens reached the region by around 45,000 years ago. Yes, homo sapiens!

Southeast Asia is located in the region of Asia, of course. It is roughly bounded by the Indian subcontinent on the west, China on the north, and Pacific ocean on the east. Indochina, the Malay Peninsula, and the Malay Archipelago are also included in the boundaries of Southeast Asia.

In 1967, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand created this association to promote regional economic growth, political stability, social progress, and cultural developments.


With this information that I've known, I won't satisfy myself to know little about this region. My ICS class would be a great help for me to explore about people, culture, tradition and custom of the Southeast Asia.

2 comments:

  1. So...mejo nakakagulat ang first pic mo dito ah. :P The ASEAN secretariat website has a lot of information about how the ASEAN began, as well as their convention, their goals, etc. :D There IS a lot to learn about the ASEAN! :D

    ReplyDelete